Saturday 5 November 2011

THERE ARE "FRIENDS" AND THEN THERE ARE FRIENDS....

Wow. Where has time gone? There is snow on the ground, it is almost Christmans andady and I'm not done all the things I was supposed to get done for summer!!!! I've been thinking a lot about friendship lately. Does it exist? Sometimes people who consider themselves friends confuse me and then out of the blue a new friend makes my day. A couple of weekends ago, an aquaintance stopped by and made my day. The  compliments I received from her about my style, talent and the way my brain works have given me a confidence that should last quite some time and feel like I'm soaring. I needed a boost. I am raring to go. I feel so creative once again. This has been put on hold for a while and in particular since I started my job at the Financial Institution a couple of months back. I felt defeated since I chose to operate my store on a part-time and/or online basis and return to a "real" job so I could have a steady income and pay my bills. I even overheard one of my "friends" tell a potential customer outside my store that she felt really sorry for me that I had "failed" and HAD to close my store. Funny, she didn't talk to me, to ask what I was doing and why, and she certainly didn't express her sadness over my circumstances. But then just as you think no one can just be kind... in walks someone who makes your day. Friends can be found in the oddest places. That's why I like exploring. I always try to make everyone I meet in a day feel like I enjoyed my moment with them. I hope I give people a reason to soar. Thank you for your kind words today Sandy, I needed to hear them.




The guy on the left....feel blessed if you can count Donnie Dodge among your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment